Thursday 30 May 2013

[Review] Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate

The weather in Sydney has been ugly. I really miss the sunny skies which provided the perfect lighting for taking pictures. Can't wait for spring/summer to roll around again.  How is the weather is your country? Are you liking it?

Anyway, I am back with a short review on the Rimmel lipstick I bought in my Chemist Warehouse haul: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in #16.


The collection is by Kate Moss and features 11 shades. They are promoted as pigmented, glossy and long lasting for up to 8 hours.

I love the simple design of the case which is black with Kate written on the lid in red.




I don't know why it looks so red here... >>
This is a better representation of the colour


#16 is a dusty rose pink colour which I love. The lipstick itself is quite creamy and not drying on my lips at all. I found that I could wear it without putting a lip balm underneath. The finish is also quite glossy. However, I found that the application was quite patchy and the colour settles into the lines of the lips. As for long lasting, I found it last about 3-4 hours on me and then I would need to touch up.

I'm generally not a lipstick person, I prefer lipglosses. However, I love the colour of this one. The pink doesn't look strange against my skintone and I'm happy to have found a pink I can wear. Despite, the application I will continue to use this and maybe even repurchase it for its colour.
Bare lips
With lipstick on
Full face
Have you tried the Rimmel Kate lipsticks? If so which shade and what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment