Friday 3 May 2013

The Liebster Award

Hi!
I was recently tagged by Mindy and Chee the Liebster Award. Check out their blogs!  
Having only recently just starting up this blog, being nominated to do this tag makes me feel accepted. 
I'm sure most of you know what this award entails. The gist of it is to encourage new bloggers (who have 200 or less readers) to continue blogging and also a way to learn more about the blogger.


Rules to the Award:
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
6. No tag-backs!


Now onto 11 random facts about me:

1. I am scared/dislike of birds. The main reason is because I find them dirty and Hitchcock's Birds was scarred me. (Sorry if I offend any bird enthusiasts) The main birds I dislike are: pigeons (I've been pooped on by them on a number of occasions), seagulls (they have creepy eyes that don't blink- look like those creepy eye stickers), ibises (they have weird beaks and always digging through bins) and the Noisy Miner (these things may be small but they're so aggressive- I've been attacked on several occasion while walking through the park minding my own business)- that's my rant for today. 

2.  My favourite colour is pink. I love pink anything. If it's pink- I'll love it.

3.  I love food. I don't think I'm a picky eater (my bf thinks otherwise), the only thing I won't eat is bittermelon. I love foods such as durian and stinky tofu which not a lot of people like.

4. I have eaten scorpion before. It was deep fried and tasted like chips.

5. I am (ashamed to say) a goody goody two shoes. 

6. I am introverted- well, careful with who I befriend. 

7. I LOVE shopping. I don't necessarily have to buy anything, walking around a shopping centre alone will get me on a natural high.

8. I've always had a pet/s growing up- dogs, cats, birds (eww), turtles, lizards and at one stage even a grasshopper. Don't ask me why. My dad loves animals and insects too apparently.

9. I love TV shows with guts and gory. In particular forensic investigations such as Bones. 

10.  I love green tea flavoured anything: ice cream, froyo, candy. You name it, I love it.

11. I'm currently fighting off a bad cold.


That was so difficult. It was almost like a "tell me a bit about yourself' interview question. That's the question I dislike most.

Since Chee answered the 11 question's Mindy asked, I'll answer the ones Chee proposed.

      1. What is your all time favourite food?
Candy. In my diet, candy would be a food group. I especially like hard boiled candies.

     2. How long would you continue blogging for?
For a long time I hope. I have trouble committing to one thing for a long time e.g. diets. Hopefully this would be different.

     3. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, sensitive and stubborn.

     4. What is the kindest thing a stranger has done for you?
Probably offering me their seat on the train.

     5. Do you play an instrument? if yes what is it?
I played the flute and piano.

     6. What is your favourite cosmetic brand?
I don't really have a favourite. But I like Korean and Japanese products.

     7. What is one makeup product you can't live without?
Probably BB cream. I usually only have BB cream on.

     8. If you can only bring 3 things with you on a deserted island, what would you bring?
I would say phone and laptop. But I'm guessing a deserted island won't have electricity... Probably, lot's of candies and my boyfriend (he'll find solutions to everything, I wouldn't need anything else)

     9.What is your current favourite song?
Hmm, don't really have one favourite song. But recently discover Mindy Gledhill and have her Anchor album on repeat.

     10. What are your favourite books?
I like books with a historical background. 

     11.Who do you admire/is inspired by?
I guess my mother. She came immigrated from China all by herself leaving her family behind. I admire at how hard she works to give me and my siblings a privileged life. No matter how tired she is, she always cooks us homemade dinners. She doesn't like store bought food. 

My nominees
Exoddinary, Claire, Lauren, Monica and whoever else reads this post!

My 11 questions
1. What is your favourite movie?
2. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. Are you able to speak another language other than English?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. Where in the world would you like to visit most?
6. Which 5 celebrity would you invite to a dinner party?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. If you were granted one wish, what would it be?
9. Do you know how you got your name?
10. What is your favourite Froyo topping?
11. What is your bad habit?

Phew. That was long. Thank you for reading till the end. Hopefully you learnt a little more about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment