Wednesday 12 June 2013

[Mini review] Some swatches from Chemist Warehouse haul

Hello blogosphere!
A few weeks back, I did a Chemist Warehouse haul, I am back today with some swatches and a mini review on each of the eye products (excluding mascara).
I'll start off the the Revlon Photoready palette in Impressionist. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from the palette. But after swatching the shadows, I was highly impressed with the colours and the pigmentation of most of the colours.

The palette comes with two double ended sponge tip applicators.
What is interesting about this palette is that the eyeshadows are set out in the way you are meant to use it. For example, #1 is your brow highlight, #2 for your crease, #3 all over lid colour...
This is extremely helpful for a eyeshadow noob like me. 


#1- is a nice shimmery highlight colour, however it is not very pigmented and does not really show up on the brow bone
#2- is a metallic brown colour which is meant to be the crease colour. It is very pigmented and glides on the skin very smoothly. An absolutely gorgeous colour!
#3- is a bronzy all over the lid colour. The quality is the same as #2 and is absolutely beautiful!
#4- is a shimmery cream primer but it glides on the skin like a powder eye shadow. It would also be a great inner corner colour.
#5- is a sparkly and glittery top coat. There is a little bit of fallout from this eyeshadow. It is meant to be the last step and I would recommend it to be patted on.

My Thoughts
I am absolutely loving this palette, although two of the eyeshadows are a little bit disappointing, it is an overall a lovely neutral palette, perfect for everyday wear.

Now onto Revlon's Photoready Shadowstick in Torch

Torch is a combination of metallic pink and brown. I absolutely love the pink colour; I often use it alone as an all over the lid colour and it really brightens up the eyes.

Please excuse the hair :P
My Thoughts
I absolutely love this. The shadows glide on so smoothly, there was absolutely no tugging. The lasting power of these are amazing. They last me all day without creasing or smudging. I would definitely recommend this product to those wishing to try shadowsticks. (I am giving one of these away in my giveaway- links are below if you haven't joined already)

Last but not least, Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

I'm sure many of you have seen reviews/raves about this line. They sure do live up to the hype. I am highly impressed by the quality of these given how inexpensive these are. If you haven't tried this, you're definitely missing out. Go get them now!:P I don't have any more to add about these. Let's just say 'pictures speak a thousand words'.

Swatches in different lighting
Have you tried any of these products/ what would you be interested in trying?

Connect with me through: Bloglovin' | Instagram|Twitter
Don't forget to join my giveaway!
TITLE

No comments:

Post a Comment